Sat, 01 Feb|
Palucraft Training Center
Palucraft GCC Study Open Day
Time & Location
01 Feb 2020, 08:30 – 13:00 SAST
Palucraft Training Center, 31 Clinton Rd, New Redruth, Alberton, 1449, South Africa
About the Event
The GMR2 Certificated Engineers (GCC Factories) play a critical role in ensuring machine safety, productivity and efficiency.
The route to becoming a GMR2 Certificated Engineer in South Africa requires the following:
- Register to write the GCC factories exams with Department of Employment and Labour
- Prepare and pass the GCC factories plant engineering and OHS Act exams
- Obtain your Certificate of Competency from the Chief Inspector
Many engineers, technologists, technicians, and artisans require more information on how to apply and prepare for the GCC factories.
Certificate Engineer candidates and professionals have few interactive platforms where they can obtain & discuss new knowledge and skills that are specific to them. There are few interactive platforms where they can network with like-minded professionals and expand their careers to new heights.
Palucraft GCC Study open day description and objective
The purpose of the Palucraft GCC Study open day is to provide a platform where GCC Factories professionals and candidates can meet and share knowledge on matters that affect their careers & industries.
Palucraft GCC Study has previously hosted three open day sessions. The previous sessions had a focus on sharing information on the GCC factories application process and assisting GCC factories candidates on completing their application documentation and developing an exam preparation study plan.
This time around, Palucraft GCC Study wishes to achieve the following objectives:
- GCC factories candidates with information related to GCC factories application requirements and exam preparation tips
- Provide GCC factories candidates and professionals with information related to legislation that affects and/or will affect the Certificated Engineer - An introduction to the draft MHI Bill
- Introduction to 4IR and how it impacts the certificated engineer
Session 1 - Introduction and Admin 08:30 - 08:45 Arrival & Registration
08:45 - 09:00 Introduction, safety & welcome
Session 2 - GCC Factories requirements
Session outcome: GCC factories candidate will compile their application for submission to DEL and have an exam preparation plan
09:00 - 09:10 What is GCC factories?
09:10 - 09:25 GCC factories requirements for candidates with Bachelor's degree, N Diploma or N courses
09:25 - 09:45 GCC application process and tips on how to complete forms
09:45 - 10:00 GCC factories plant exam structure and tips on how to prepare
10:00 - 10:15 GCC factories OHS exam structure and tips on how to prepare
10:15 - 10:30 Break
Session 3 - Introduction to the draft Major Hazardous Installation
Session outcome: Attendees will provide inputs to the draft MHI bill to be submitted to DEL
10:30 - 10:35 Introduction to South Africa legal framework
10:35 - 10:40 Introduction to MHI
10:40 - 10:45 Why was the MHI revised and what are the notable changes?
10:45 - 11:45 Inputs into comments to be submitted to DEL
11:45 - 12:00 Break
Session 4 - Introduction to 4IR and how it impacts the Certificated Engineer
Session outcome: Attendees will have knowledge of new technologies that they may implement at their factories
12:00 - 12:05 What is 4IR?
12:05 - 12:10 Impact of 4IR on other industries
12:10 - 12:15 Possible impact of 4IR to Certificated Engineers
12:15 - 12:30 Q&A discussion
Session 5 - Introduction to the first Certificated Engineer Indaba
Session outcome: Attendees will provide inputs into the content and theme of the first Certificate Engineer Indaba
12:30 - 12:35 Introduction to the First Certificated Engineer Indaba
12:35 - 13:00 Inputs from delegates on the First Certificated Engineer Indaba content and theme
13:00 - 13:30 Networking session & departure
This open day session will be ideal for you if:
- You are an engineer, technologist, technician or artisan who works in the factory industry (e.g. consumer goods production, energy & mining, manufacturing etc.)
- You are an engineer, technologist, technician or artisan who wishes to pursue a career as a Certificated Engineer (GCC factories)
- You are an engineer, technologist, technician or artisan who wishes to get more information and assistance with GCC factories application process
- You are an engineer, technologist, technician or artisan who wishes to get tips on how to prepare for the GCC factories exams
- You are an engineer, technologist, technician or artisan who wishes to get insights on matters that may impact or are impacting the factory industry (e.g. consumer goods production, energy & mining, manufacturing, etc.)
- You are an engineer, technologist, technician or artisan who wishes to be part of defining the content and theme for the First Certificated Engineer Indaba.
FREE of charge.
31 Clinton Rd, New Redruth, Alberton, 1449 (google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/JZgsBGn7NtNz3stA7)
We will be broadcasting the event live on the internet. The details and links will be provided closer to the event.